Sunday, January 01, 2006

Happy New Year from Mr. Kibbles & Suzie Snowflake

I hope you all had a very safe and happy New Year's Eve/New Year's Day celebration.

We awoke to a minor tragedy December 31st, Sparky (the hamster) had passed away in the night. It was her time, so I wasn't surprised when it happened. The aliens mourned for a couple of hours, went and took their grief out on the video games that the neighbor kid got for Christmas and when they arrived home mid-afternoon, we went to make a couple exchanges on Christmas items.

Once we were in the "big city", they decided they wanted to spend part of their Christmas money from Great-Granny on a new hamster each. Hamsters were very popular this season. In a town with a population of 150,000 there were only 2 female Siberian dwarf hamsters to be found - both at different pet stores about 30 minutes apart. Of course, I drove all over to collect the two little beasties and we were off for home. (I had NOTHING to do with the names. )

So, without further ado, I introduce you to Mr. Kibbles and Suzie Snowflake!

3 comments:

Christopher Lee said...

I had a hampster when I was a kid. Sucker bit me every time I stuck my hand in the cage.

Burfica said...

We have had three gerbils since August and they still don't have names. They might hav ea little rodent complex cuz we keep calling them hamsters.

Andrew said...

Hey,

Me and my brother once got hamsters for Christmas one year. Their names were Odie and Garfield. Garfield was adept at getting out of his cage and wandering loose through the house which drove my mother crazy.

Anyways, thanks for the kind comment on my blog tonight. I bookmarked your blog and will read.

Take care and Happy New Year!

Jonathon aka Grumpy