Sunday, February 05, 2006

Mr. Kibbles goes AWOL

Well, the hammies are at it again, escaping from the cage & running wild through the apartment. Four days of Alien #2 crying, whining and in general carrying on as if the world was coming to an end. I still couldn't catch that little bugger.

So, Saturday afternoon I run over to the local Ace Hardware & get a package of live mouse traps. We get home, set the traps & I lay down on the sofa to veg out while the aliens are playing outdoors. I no more start to doze off in the middle of my afternoon movie when I hear little scratching noises coming from the kitchen. HA! Success!!

I walk in, look at the traps and they haven't moved. Nothing. Still, I hear the tell-tale noises of small feeties scratching around on discarded something-or-another behind the trash can. Slowly, I move the trash can & there she is, Mr. Kibbles. I swoop down on her with a plastic cup and deposit her safely back into her cage.

Success.

2 comments:

MomThatsNuts said...

This one time, I found a garden snake in the front yard so I thought the Troll~ings would like it so I brought it in and put it in a little hamster cage and it got out too, I never found that damn snake. Maybe someone should redesign the hamster cage to make it escape proof.....
Mom

Burfica said...

our nieces daughter lost their hamster in thier appartment, and haven't found it yet. Been over a week. I think Mr. Teddy Bear is gone. hehehehehe

Glad you found yours.