Thursday, August 18, 2005

Alien's 1st Football Game

Well, the first football game of the year they lost 14 - 0..... a little disappointing. The kids played their hearts out and really did an awesome job. I found out after the game that the other team is from a private school & they start their kids in football two years before our school system offers it! No wonder we didn't score, these kids have been playing together for two years already!!

Alien #1 is playing defensive lineman - he's too big to play offense, they don't want him crushing a kid half his size. Any kid over a certain height and/or weight must play defense only - league rules. They don't want anyone hurt.

My all-knowing alien learned a lesson about his protective equipment yesterday too. After insisting that he had EVERYTHING he needed for practice, he rolled his eyes at me & we left for practice. After practice, he was complaining his stomach was sore. When I asked why, he told me he forgot his rib protector. I bet he won't forget it again! hehehe

Well, let's see, 2nd game is this Saturday, the local pool closes for the season on Sunday & school starts for everyone on Monday.

Hope everyone is doing well, thanks for the comments. I will try to catch up with everyone soon - I hope to have a cable link-up for the internet at home in a couple of weeks.

2 comments:

Burfica said...

kiddo wants to try football, I bet he would have to be defense too. at 9 he's 120lbs LOL

Alekx said...

har...I bet you are right. Some lessons only need to be learned one time.
Rib protectors and cups are usually one of those one time only lessons