Friday, August 05, 2005

I'm still here!!

Hello everyone! As the title says, I'm still here! I've had tons of pc problems so for now I'm having to use the pc & internet link-up at the library.....when there's one free. I'm amazed at the number of parents that allow their kids to spend the summer indoors playing computer games online. My kids and I spend the summers outdoors as much as possible - that's what summer is for!!!

The college process is going well - got my acceptance letter, financial aid is in process, orientation is done (thankfully! boooooorrrrrrrrrrriiiiingggggg hehehe) and I'm registered for classes. All I have left to do is to buy my books & show up for classes. I'm nervous about returning to college at my age but I'm excited. It will be great to finally have my degree.

As far as the aliens go, Alien #1 is playing jr. tackle football this fall - had to drag him to it but after one grueling practice, he's sooooooo into it and can't wait for practice today! Now comes the fun part - being a single mom, I have to go to the store & buy his "protective equipment" for his "equipment" (if you know what I mean). I've tried to talk every man I know (which aren't very many) into doing it for me but they all laugh & say "nope!". I even tried to bribe the teenage kid downstairs from me with a $20 to do it for me - no dice. So.......it should be an experience.

Alien #2 is too young for football so he's going to do soccer & is looking forward to that and entering 3rd grade this year.

Satan the hamster hasn't been as active, the summer heat is getting to her and she's slowed down a bit. This seems odd to me as it is my understanding that Hell is perpetually hot.......... hmmmmmm.

Well, so long for now...... it may be a few weeks before I post again. Hope all is well with all of you!

2 comments:

Burfica said...

oh my gosh I just laugh about your hamster all the time. My kiddo wants to do the football thing this year too. He opted not to do soccer or baseball, but wants to try football. We shall see.

Alekx said...

LMAO at Satan Hampster.

I'm proud of you going back to school girl.
I didn't get my degree until I was ummmmmm 36 or 37. I'm so glad I went back to school. Even though I hate the subject of my degree now. But ah well maybe I'll go back once the student loans for this one is paid off.