Wednesday, April 25, 2018

To blog or not to blog again?

It has been over 5 years since I posted to this blog.  I'm surprised it's still here. I started it as a way to deal with the crazy life of being a single mom with two special needs kids and an insane ex-husband. 

Five years changes many things.  I no longer teach behavior disorder students because I couldn't handle getting the crap beat out of me and/or having to physically restrain a student twice my size so they didn't injure themselves or someone else.  Too many "assistants" who just wanted to show up, watch me teach, collect their paycheck on Friday, and go home......Administration who thought I was horrid when I wrote up a subordinate for playing online games while I wrestled a kid to the floor so he didn't stab his eye out with a pencil (had a mental breakdown in class)..... services not being provided to students because the administration was "in the process of hiring someone".  It wasn't teaching, it was a war zone.  God bless the teachers out there, you're always in my prayers.

No comments: