Saturday, December 03, 2005

Scarlet Fever

Yep! That's right, the campus doctor ran every test he could order on me & that's what he came up with - I have scarlet fever. I freaked out! I didn't know people even got that anymore. I assumed it was one of those illnesses that modern medicine had eradicated from the planet.

It turns out, Scarlet Fever is a strep infection with a secondary infection causing a rash. Either way, I've felt like crap for two weeks and now know why.

Thank you God for a doctor not afraid to be aggressive with the meds. Because he gave me a slamming good Rx (love the Z-Pak), I'll be doing great by Monday for my final exams, not home sick begging my professors to reschedule my exams for me.

1 comment:

Burfica said...

OOOO scarlet fever----bad

glad you had an agressive doctor too!!