Friday, March 27, 2009

An ADHD moment....

O.K. So, I'm sitting in my blow-off class for this semester, geology 120. Nice guy for an instructor & he does his best to keep things interesting for the hour we're in lecture three days a week. For whatever reason, I've been having some really serious ADHD moments the last couple of weeks and today it hit really hard in class.

He's lecturing along about the Earth's atmosphere & this is what happens:

Carbon dioxide comprises only about 0.03% of the Earth's atmosphere, it is however, one of the most abundant.........(Ewww, sweat marks in his armpits. Gross. Did he forget deodorant today) greenhouse gas in the atmosphere. Venus has a 96%............(I wonder if he has some kind of medical condition........hummm.... maybe he's just nervous today........... nice haircut.........) content of carbon dioxide in it's atmosphere with a surface temp of 460 degrees C. ........(bet everyone noticed his haircut, but I get 3" taken off and one person notices........... well, my hair is a lot longer than his.......) Other greenhouse gases include nitrogen oxide, methane... (don't cows give off methane gas??? We have a lot of cows around the Midwest.....) and even water vapor is considered a greenhouse gas.

After class, I compare my notes with the girl next to me & I actually have more information written down than she does!

A good way to explain an ADHD mind is this (not my analogy but a good one): you have an 80 GIG mind working on 5 MB of RAM. You wouldn't do this to a computer & expect much to happen, but people with ADHD function like this everyday. It can be interesting sometimes.

Have a great weekend everyone!

2 comments:

~Just Me Miranda~ said...

Hmm, interesting, I'm like that all the time if its a boring topic going around.

AngelConradie said...

I like to compare my knucklehead's ADHD brain Ferrari with Toyota brakes... much the same principle as your analogy.