Monday, March 30, 2009

A Winter Wonderland - In March???


Beautiful, isn't it? I love the way the snow clings to the branches of the trees in these pictures. However, what I don't like is this was my backyard on Sunday morning about 8:30!

I live in Northern Illinois so a March or April snowstorm isn't unheard of, but our area got a whopping 6" of the white stuff and at the time of this posting, it still hasn't melted off.



Our cats are loving the birds that are coming to the bird feeder in the backyard in search of a bit of nourishment. They'd rather go for the easy stuff in the feeder than try to dig through snow deeper than they are tall. Oh, well, by this time tomorrow it will all be gone thankfully. We already have flood warnings out and are supposed to have thunder storms tonight sometime after midnight. Don't like the weather around here? Wait a couple of hours - it will change drastically this time of year!

Happy Monday Everyone!

7 comments:

~Just Me Miranda~ said...

Hey that looks like my place. I took pics too. I think the weather is so insane!

Burfica said...

uggghhhh no way, no snow after Feb. And it snowed here last night. melted off fast, but snow????here???? in march?????

uggghhhh

none said...

Wow that snow picture is breathtaking!

I don't have to worry about feeding birds because they just eat out of the dog bowl.

Schmoop said...

The snow looks lovely, but by this time of year I am ready for some green grass and hot sun. Cheers!!

Romeo Morningwood said...

Here too snow is still blanketing the ground..last week while I was in summerland (Mexico) back home we had a huge dump of snow.

As we are nestled in the bottom of a huge glacial scrape the Red River overflows every Spring and this year is no exception. Whateverpeg has a mammoth floodway so we are safe..although I live across the street from the River I have confidence that the ice will break up in time for the crest this weekend ;(

We could still have a blizzard! It's happened before.

Say have you met Angel yet?
You should visit.
http://angelathome.blogspot.com/

AngelConradie said...

It really is beautiful...

NikonSniper said...

great photos.
nikonsniper