Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Alien Update

I've been battling with my aliens' doctor for over six months now over their meds for the ADHD. Alien #2 is three years younger than Alien #1 and 6o lbs lighter, yet they are on the same dosage of meds for ADHD. This dosage works for Alien #1. Alien #2 is having major trouble and I can't get the doctor to change his meds & try something else.

So..... I've been searching for a new doctor for the boys & I because the one we have sucks. Today we had our appointments with the new doctor and he was fantastic! He's slowing changing over meds on the younger alien and trying something different. I love him!

Feeling very blessed today. Happy Wednesday everyone!

7 comments:

Maddy said...

Medication is a fickle friend or foe, a regular old roller coaster. Happy Wednesday to you too.
Cheers

~Just Me Miranda~ said...

Thats great! I really hope that it works out for you. I hate when doctors don't hear you.

Xmichra said...

I ditto Mirandas comment, doctors can be a right pain in the arse.

Burfica said...

That's awesome. Sometimes you have to change doctors. It's your and your kids life, no big deal to change doctors or teachers or whatever.

Big Mama said...

I feel your pain. My son's meds have been many and varied. We finally have something that works but he thinks that he is too old for it. He wears a patch and can take it off. I hate that. I love his Dr. & his psych. Congrats and good luck.

Romeo Morningwood said...

Finding the right Doctor is no easy task...you may have just won the lottery!

AngelConradie said...

Did the first doctor dose according to weight?
My son's doctor doses according to the knucklehead's behaviour and performance. We fill in a modified Conners rating chart along with 3 of his teachers, and if his score stays low the meds dose stays the same.
I am glad you like the new doc. Part of my education and awareness creation around AD/HD is getting parents to realise that if the doc isn't helping your child or isn't listening to you- find someone else. A medical qualification does not make anyone all-knowing.