Wednesday, July 07, 2004

Another Interview

Here I go again.......... Another interview. I quit my job last March because there was too much garbage to deal with, the least of which is my paycheck was late at least once a month (not a day late, 2 - 3 weeks late sometimes). I even had a paycheck bounce. That was the last straw, my now ex-boss got irate when I informed him he would be paying all the bank fees associated with his bounced check. He didn't think he should have to pay the $45 the bank charged me. Two weeks later, I quit, just walked out.

Thus started my long journey to become gainfully employed again. I have now been without a full time job for four months, thank heaven for my temp job that keeps food on the table while we've lived off what little savings I've managed to acquire. However, that is now gone too. The job market around here is almost non-existent.

A friend of mine keeps trying to convince me to move in toward Chicago (he lives in the suburbs). I've only lived in a large town once in my life and it was miserable for me, it was too big and too dirty for me. I know I'll have more opportunities there but the stress of the traffic, all the people, etc....... I just don't know. I like living in a small town with all the inconveniences of not having major shopping malls nearby & such. I enjoy the quiet, knowing your neighbors, being able to still allow your kids to take off to the candy store uptown without too much worry. It's peaceful. I've had too much stress and worry in my life, I like things simple, quiet and peaceful.

Well, now I'm totally off the subject of this post, my interview. You'll quickly see if you read this very often that I ramble, get off the subject, etc. You'll also come to know the events that brought me to where I am today.

O.K. - Interview: 2:00 pm in another small town about 20 minutes from where I live. The boyhood home of former President Ronald Reagan (may he rest in peace), Dixon, IL. This job application that was put in during a day when I was doing "cold calls" and it's a big surprise that they even called back. So, the fact that a cold call is resulting in my resume and application being pulled from an existing pile is a good sign (I hope).

Until later.....

No comments: