Wednesday, July 07, 2004

Jumpin on the rotten garage roof

From time to time my children do something that totally blows my mind. I wonder, "How did they even think to try something like that?" Then I realize, I don't want to know how they came up with some of the ideas they have. It's safer to remain ignorant to their thinking process....... it's safer this way, trust me.

A popular email that's been forwarded to me several times is supposedly from a mother of such a child(ren). It appears as if she hails from the Houston, TX area. I don't know if the list of creative things her child has done is real or if it is the wonderful imagination of someone. Either way, it inspired me to compose a list of some of the amazing things my children have done to the house, pets, one another, and to my nerves/sanity. I've decided to share these things from time to time with anyone who cares to read this blog (which I doubt anyone will). If deemed necessary, an explanation of the "lesson" will be included.

So, the first lesson I've chosen to share is this one:

It requires more than 100 lbs (combined weight) of small children jumping on a semi-rotten garage roof to make it cave in.

Explanation: My now-ex-husband was checking out the rotten roof of our garage to determine damages and the possible need to have a new roof put on. In his infinite brilliance he left the ladder up against the side of the garage. The children were outside playing for less than 2 minutes alone while I ran back inside to grab the cordless phone. When I came back out, my little angels (ages 3 & 6)were missing. I was frantic! After what seemed an eternity circling the house and checking all their hiding places in our yard, I finally hear a blood-chilling scream of "Moooooommmmmmyyyyyy" come from my youngest child. I look in the direction of the scream to see him on the roof jumping up and down screaming with his brother because they can't figure out how to get down from their lofty perch.

I now know where some of my mother's grey hair came from......my older sister & her cr*p.

1 comment:

Sean Barrow said...

first comment on yer blog! I rock!

I hold you in great reverence and sympathy for my mother was a single parent of two boys also. I look back now as an adult and am blown away at how stressful raising us must of been. She did a great job though, my brother and I both ended up living to adulthood with only minor injuries and no jail time...