Saturday, February 19, 2005

Hamster Hunting

I'm sitting here, minding my own business & catching up on some blogs when I see something move out of the corner of my eye.... it's Bubbles (the hamster). She's just cruising along, three rooms away from her cage.

Alien #1 (oldest son) grabs a glass to catch her in, she runs under the backpack left lying on the floor (it's usual spot). Alien picks up the backpack, Bubbles doubles back past the cat's water dish.

I move my foot, scare the hamster & it jumps straight up, landing in the cat's water bowl. She quickly recovers and dives for the ever-growing pile of crap next to the alien's boots. The alien trades in a glass for my good Pyrex measuring cup & captures her. The wild beast is returned to her cage.

You have no idea how funny it is to watch a 4-inch long hair-cover sausage waddling along and suddenly jump straight up. It looked like a loaded spring had been released right under her and she went straight over the edge of the cat's water bowl.

My life, never a dull moment.

4 comments:

kitten said...

We jsut had a similar experience with French Fry the Wonder Mouse. I was just glad that I caufght him befor one of my cats!

~SugarBear~ said...

Our cat, Holly, doesn't like rodents. She sniffs the cage and recoils slightly - I believe they offend her delicate senses.

Burfica said...

OH my goodness how very funny. We had a gerbil that the priest dropped into his coffee cup full of coffee. I never seen a wet gerbil jump 4 feet straight up in my life. pretty funny.

~SugarBear~ said...

My kids love "French Fry the Wonder Mouse" for a name.

It seems that gerbils absorb caffine rather quickly when soaked in it! That is too funny!!!