Monday, February 28, 2005

The Trap is Set!

I'm sitting at the computer, reading blogs and minding my own business when I realize that Clover's cage is on the floor of the dining room and she's making little squeaky noises. I investigate. What do I see??? SPARKY!! She's chatting with Clover about how to get into the cage for a little dinner & drink. Clover, being very happy to be safe and caged, has no idea how to get out to let Sparky in.

I set Sparkys cage on the floor, door open and place a huge bowl of mouth-watering hamster kibble inside (the far side of the cage of course!). Pretty soon she ignores the fact I'm sitting on the floor next to the cage & comes to check it out.... the smell is too tempting. Sparky starts up the little ramp that is her cage door, realizes it's a trap and tries to turn around and run. HA! I anticipated that and was too quick for her - I flip the door up & shut sending Sparky flying across her 12" wide cage only to land in the kibble. She's too happy to have food to worry that she's been caught.

Sparky's caged again, mission accomplished.

No comments: