Friday, February 25, 2005

TGIF?

I started my day thinking "Thank God it's Friday!" I've been fighting off bronchitis and battling the cough from hell all week (makes for a great night's sleep). There was a full moon this week, add that to 19 preschoolers & you've got a killer combo (literally).

It's the last Friday of the month so it's P.J.'s day & we usually only have about 12 - 14 children, not our usual 18. I love Friday. Everything was crusin' along just fine until I'm pulling into the parking lot from lunch, my cell phone rings - it's alien #1's school counselor - he's been in a fight on the playground & is deep in the poo-poo. I get that settled and walk back into my classroom and the little critters are STILL awake - they should all be napping soundly by now. Then I realize I still don't have the monthly classroom newsletter done (due yesterday!) so I run out and finish that off quickly. I come back, give a few of them "the look" and for the most part, they quiet down & go to sleep.

Nap is over, kids are up, snack time is done, we're down to 8 little critters and life is good until........... we find out that another teacher has to leave early so "a few" of her little critters will be joining ours. My aide goes down to find out how many "a few" is and comes back with EIGHT of them! Our numbers have doubled and the fun has just begun.

It's a bit hairy but we muddle through and about 4:30 my aide leaves me with 6 kids - NO PROBLEM! (HA!) Who knew that the intestinal tract of a 4 year old child held enough of anything to plug up the sewer system of the entire building!

O.K. well, maybe not the whole building but it sure made one big mess in our bathroom. One toilet in our bathroom overflowed and continued to do so every 10 minutes for a half an hour! I spent 30 minutes cleaning up that crap (no pun intended) then had to send someone else's aide to go get disinfectant to mop the floor with. Geez what a way to end the day. I need a drink, make it a double.

1 comment:

Burfica said...

Oh my goodness, I don't mean to make light of your misfortune, but I could not stop laughing!!! hehehehe

thanks you made my day.