Thursday, March 03, 2005

The Child From Hell

I have decided the innocent looking little girl that started in my classroom two weeks ago, is definitely, without a doubt, the child from hell.

She will shove kids right in front of you and deny it to the death. She pinches, kicks, trips, and otherwise physically abuses the other children and will innocently deny any wrongdoing.

Today was the topper on the whole thing. My aide is doing a craft project with a few children, I'm working on handwriting with others, the rest of the class is divided up into various play centers. The sweetest little girl in class asks to go to the bathroom, of course, I say yes. I look up a couple of minutes later and Damien's sister is hanging on the bathroom door laughing while Sweetie is in the bathroom crying to get out and banging on the door franticly. The child from hell trapped the little girl in the bathroom! Of course, that's a time-out in the naughty chair.

Not an hour later, a little boy, also very sweet, is waiting his turn in line to go potty before nap time. He squats down to look at something he sees on the floor and the child from hell gives him a swift kick in the butt, knocking him face first onto the floor. Thankfully, he wasn't hurt. Again, another time out.

The afternoon proceeded to get worse, she tried to trip me, then another child. Various questions posed to her were answered with things like "DUH!" "Whatever!" and "HELLO?? Didn't you understand me the first time?" All this kind of mouthy talk out of a four year old child.

I've never seriously considered harming another human being in my life - up until now. My tongue hurts from biting it, my fists are in a permanent clenched position and I've ground my teeth down to little ivory nubs. Geez I love my job some days!!!

Screw the double, I'm drinking the whole bottle tonight!

3 comments:

Burfica said...

yeah then you gotta think, where did she learn all this behavior from. She must have some real winners as parents.

Christopher Lee said...

You have my deepest sympathy being a teacher. I couldn't handle it.

Alekx said...

I'll send you a roll of duct tape hun. It works for me. and as long as you use it on the cloths when you tape em up no marks.