Saturday, March 19, 2005

New Birthday Bike

My son, now 8, got to go shopping for his new bike today. I showed him which ones would be the right size for him and then let him pick. It was a difficult process........The bright blue one? The shiny red one? He finally decided on a electric green & black Mongoose.

When walking it through the store to the checkout you'd have thought he'd bought a new Harley the way he was strutting! He got an even bigger grin as he actually got it out of the store to go to the car. He was too funny - everyone we met in the parking lot on the way to the car wished him a "Happy Birthday", each time his little chest puffed up a bit more. I thought he'd explode before we got home and got it out of the trunk so he could ride it.

2 comments:

Alekx said...

Awwwwww how sweet.
Tell him when he really gets a new Harley that he has to come ride with me. Hopefully by that time I can afford a 3rd expensive hobby and will be once again with my face in the wind and bugs in my teeth.

Burfica said...

God Bless 8 year old boys. They are just adorable. hehehehee