Saturday, March 12, 2005

Stalkers AKA: My Ex & his parents

Well, after 2 1/1 years of peace, my ex-husband and his parents have found where we live. He knows where I work, the kids school schedule, everything. Can I do anything about it? NO. Just because he has dug into every crevice of my life and knows my schedule better than I do, he's not really stalking me (according to the local law enforcement officials). They all three can call my unlisted phone number, drive by my apartment as often as they wish (even though they know nobody else in this town) and send as many letters to my home as they wish. I can do nothing. None of them have actually SAID they were going to do anything to harm me or my children so I can do nothing. Aparently it does not matter that none of them have any legal rights to me or my children. They can do whatever they want to harass us.

I have taken great pains to hide my actual address. Legally, my address is listed as that of a relative. My phone number is listed under a friends' name. My lease is in a fake name (and my landlord is aware of it, he's very understanding). Yet the fact that my ex-husband was able to dig through all this and find me doesn't mean that he's trying to terrorize us, at least to the legal system it doesn't.

No comments: