Thursday, November 01, 2007

General Update

Just to give a general update on things so you know what's going on in my crazy life, I'm creating this post.

In June of 2006 we moved to a new town to be closer to the university I'm attending. Apartment turned out to kinda stink, "quiet lifestyle" was a joke. I've never had such a loud building to live in. So, knowing our lease would be up in October, I just let it lapse knowing I would find a new place for the aliens, critters, & myself before the 10/15 deadline. HA!

We ended up staying with a friend of mine 45 minutes from where we were living and commuting for the last two weeks. EVERYTHING had to go into storage. Thankfully, a couple from our church allowed us to store things in their third garage port which was currently not in use. We're very blessed my friend opened her home to us while we continued to look for someplace to live.

Yesterday I paid the deposit (ouch!!) and signed the papers for our new townhouse just a few blocks from where we were living but in a much quieter area. I can't wait to move in on Saturday. We're attempting to round up men & trucks from the chruch to help out because Alien #1, my main muscleman, will be out of town at a youth convention in Peoria, IL for the weekend.

I can't wait to get into our house & clean, unpack, organize, & decorate. Not that any of that will happen soon, I'm still in college full time. If I'm not in class or taking care of the aliens, I'm studying. Now I need to find a better part time job to help pay the bills around here. With Christmas coming, I'm sure I can at least find something to do over the holidays to earn some cash.

I just handed a huge project in today for one class & had a major exam in another. Monday I have part one of a big project due in one class, a midterm exam in a different class, and still another group project to compile and edit by Wednesday. Did I mention I will be busy moving all day on Saturday?? I'm not sure there are enough hours in the day but I'll manage to get it all in. Somehow I always do. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Illinois, huh? I'm from Tinley Park.

So you bought a townhouse, or you're renting?

I know prop values in Ill were skyrocketing a few years ago. I wonder if the trend continues.

Burfica said...

don't you hate it when you think you can start relaxing and have some breathing room. And it ends up being the bussiest time of your life. lol

That happens to me all the dang time.