Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Hair, Hair, Everywhere is Hair!

My current big project is to grow my hair long enough to donate 16" to Locks of Love & not be bald when I'm done. The minimum is 10" in length but, that is for a short wig. I would like to donate a much longer ponytail if I can.

My hair is now down to just below my waist and it's getting annoying to take care of. Due to the fact that it's curly, I can't cut if off above my shoulders or I'll end up looking like a big strawberry-blond poodle. Not a pretty picture. So, I keep it braided up and am trying to keep it for just a few more months before the big cut.

I'll have to post before & after pics. Wish me luck that I can keep it growing.

4 comments:

Burfica said...

wow awesome!!! My son asked if he could do that, I told him it was his choice, but he has such thick hair and by June in Arizona he can't stand it.

I can't wait to see the pics.

iamnasra said...

I went bold, it was journey of finding thoug... I just did not like mself being without a hair.. But it made me think you have to live with it, how hard for those who loose their hair because of illness and so own and here Im complaining

Luv

Nasra

Canadian flake said...

Very cool...good for you...look forward to seeing the before and after pics.

Rhea said...

I think Locks of Love is a wonderful organization to donate your hair too. Your hair sounds very long! Would love to see pictures.