Monday, March 03, 2008

Hanging in there....

We're into our second week back on campus and things still seem a bit surreal but life is getting somewhat back to normal around campus.

There are still reminders everywhere of the February 14th tragedy that struck the NIU campus in DeKalb, Illinois.

I spent the better part of one of my first classes just jotting down random thoughts about being back at school. Maybe when my nerves calm down & aren't so shaken up over the shootings, I'll post it. I think it would be healing for me to be able to do that.

Otherwise, not much to report around here except our kitties have discovered "kitty T.V." aka the patio window which looks out on the bird feeder. After two months, lots of little Junco's & a pair of cardinals have decided we have some pretty good offerings at the feeder.

It's funny to watch the younger cat, Charlotte, take a running charge at the window & stop short of slamming into it head-on. One of these days she's going to skid-out on the wood floor and find out just how hard that glass is.

My best to everyone, hope you're all doing well. :)

3 comments:

Canadian flake said...

My thoughts and prayers are most definitely with you during this terrible time. I have stopped in regularly for word of you...

Hang in there...if there is anything I can do to help, let me know.

Burfica said...

I got a bit of the opposite. I have the birds sitting by a window that the blinds are always pulled up so they can get some morning sun. I have neighbor kitties climbing in the tree outside the window all year long. They are trying to get my birdies. hehehehe

~SugarBear~ said...

Burf - Thanks for that, I really needed a laugh today! :)