Tuesday, January 27, 2009

My Monday started Sunday night.

Living in a house with two other people who all have ADHD, it's no wonder that over the course of a year, we have lost all three keys to our front door. No biggie, there is a door that goes into the kitchen from the garage. I've never had a key to it & only lock it at night anyway. So, we've been just using that door to come & go. No problem. Until Sunday evening......

Had a wonderful day at my parents' house with the kids, Great-granny, Mom, & Dad. Arrived home about 5pm. Pull into the garage, go to open the door and the knob comes off in my hand. What the heck?! I try for about 20 minutes to fix the dang thing so we can go inside, I'm tired, cold and have a headache. No luck.

I call my best friend & she thinks she has a spare key at her house. We drive 45 minutes to her house, pick up a random bunch of keys, one looks like it may be mine. We drive back home, try all the keys, nothing. Not one key works.

I call the landlord & proceed to lie & tell him the key got locked in the house. No luck there, he's in Chicago, 2 hours away. Crap.

I back the car up, turn on the headlights, and go back to messing with the broken doorknob. God had mercy on me & I managed to get it open in about 10 minutes. I told the kids to bring in the good from the car, turn off the headlights, and come inside. We ate dinner, rest of the evening was great.

I get out to the car on Monday morning & find the battery dead. Crap again. Dad to the rescue, he comes to charge my battery. We finally figured out that the kids turned on the dome light to see where the button was to turn off the headlights. The dome light however, was left on all night.

I was really ticked off at the time, but now it's just funny. However, I still have to fix the doorknob. I'll need to buy a new screwdriver first, kids lost all of mine. Oh, well, gotta love 'em.

2 comments:

Burfica said...

maybe you should get new keys for the front door and one for the kitchen door and leave them in a hidey can or rock in the garage. Just in case ya know. hehehehehe

Maddy said...

Life! How do we ever get through it I wonder?
BEst wishes