Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Sugar kitty

Our sweet new kitten, now almost 8 months old is getting spayed tomorrow. Thank GOD! I am truly thankful to Him for making this happen.

A local animal shelter is giving out vouchers to cover most of the cost. So, having kitty spayed is only going to put a $60 dent in my pocket (as opposed to $250 or more).

Sugar went into heat a few days ago & I haven't slept in three days. She's got that awful caterwauling that will shatter glass. For those of you who have never heard a cat in heat, imagine putting kitty's head in a vice. Now, slowly peel it's skin off while it's alive. THAT is what a cat in heat sounds like.

I know it sounds gross and i would NEVER harm any animal, just trying to give you an idea of the horrid sound I listen to all night long. One more night of this noise, just one more night. I can't wait for Thursday night, I can sleep.

2 comments:

Xmichra said...

I hear ya. I had a cat that would go into heat... man alive that is a horrid sound. When we got these two (i have two female calico's) we got them as kittens and did the whole fixing thing way early. I was NOT going to listen to it twice, and amplified..lol

Burfica said...

oh man cats in heat are teh worst. At least dogs just hump your leg or something but cats scream. uggghhhhh