Friday, January 30, 2009

Sugar, Quinn,Cold, & other stuff....

Rod Blagojevich has been impeached and Illinois now has a new leader, Gov. Patrick Quinn. Most politicians in Illinois seem to be crooked, that should scare you considering where our new president hails from. Let's hope he's above the garbage most Illinois Democrats seem to pull.

Sugar is home & feeling great. She also has a new tattoo! The new universal symbol that a female cat has been spayed is a green line tattooed on their belly right next to the incision. It looks really funny. Poor kitty has her little pink tummy shaved bald & then they ink a green line on her. Does this make her a "marked woman"????

It's still cold outside & I'm sick of it. This is day 7 or 8 (I've lost count) of below freezing weather. The longest on record for this area of Northern Illinois. There is something to be said for NOT holding the record for some things.

My student loans came in this morning! YEA! The gas company called about 30 minutes ago to let me know my bill was past-due. Thanks Ni-Cor Gas for bursting my bubble and ruining my moment of joy.

Hopefully that computer & laptop I wanted will still be on sale at Wal-Mart. They're last years' models & not the greatest, but they are new and will work for what I need. If my student loans had come in on time, I'd already be blogging on my new computer from home. They were an excellent sale price of $348/unit for a Compaq system. Not necessarily my first choice of brands, but it will do for what I need for a couple of years until I can get a really nice computer.

Since I'm feeling rich for the day, I'm going out to eat with the aliens tonight. That should thrill them. When I ask where they want to go, I already know the answer "McDonald's!!!". Yuck. We will not be eating at McGreasy's tonight or their neighbor's Blubber King. Maybe the nice little Tex-Mex place in town..... hmmmmmmmmm. We'll have to see, so many choices.

Have a great weekend everyone!

3 comments:

Burfica said...

whenever I ask my son where he wants to go, he yells one of the expensive names in town. Yeah I usually go for cheaper. hehehehee

glad the kitty is okay.

MomThatsNuts said...

I had to go private with my blog but would love to give you permission to read it! Please email me at momthatsnuts@yahoo.com and put the name of your blog in the subject line so I know who you are! Explanation on the way!!!

~Just Me Miranda~ said...

I had to get a new laptop last week too. I cant help it, my other one died, and it wasnt worth fixing...what can I say Im addicted. lol

My younger kid always jumped up and said McD's.