Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Good News

Better than good - great! Dad is doing much better than expected. They got the bleeding into his brain stopped, his lung will heal on it's own and is re-inflated, the 7 broken ribs, broken collarbone, the 4" laceration across the back of his head (requiring staples) and the bruising all over his body will just take time to heal. At this point, he is still in the neurological intensive care unit of the hospital. He is stable, aware of what is going on and even teasing some of the nurses! They are allowing him semi-solid food which he actually wants to eat (even if it is hospital food!) which is a big deal to him.

Bottom line: As long as there are no complications with his heart, he's out of the worst of it. Thank you all for your prayers - I know it made a difference. I could feel it, I know Dad did too. God Bless you all.

A little more accurate info on the accident itself:
As Dad was passing the farm tractor, it made a left turn into Dad's truck just behind the front wheels narrowly missing the fuel tank. This caused Dad to jack-knife and roll the truck. We're not sure if it went completely over or not but when it came to rest after sliding for over 200 feet, the cab and trailer were lying drivers side down. In the course of the accident, the trailer came close to coming through the cab but stopped short of it, the truck & trailer took out an electrical pole with a transformer on it and hit a natural gas main so that was leaking. We just thank the Lord that there wasn't any fuel leaking from the truck, only some oil. The EMT's had to go through the front windshield of the truck to cut Dad out as his leg was pinned under the steering wheel and then they removed him from the rear window of the truck. He was then taken by Lifeline helicopter to the hospital. And get this - the owner of the company whose employee was responsible for the accident - he called the hospital to check on Dad! How cool is that?

Thanks again for your prayers for Dad & my family. Who says the internet separates & isolates people? It's brought me a whole new family to add to what I already have.

5 comments:

Alekx said...

I'm sorry hun I didn't see about your dad when you first posted. I havne't had a chance to get to my daily reads.

I'm so sorry your dad was injured but am very happy to hear he is improving.

My hubby is on a religious piligrimage right now with his mom and brother, I'll have him lay prayer reqests for your dad along his piligramage.

Unknown said...

Hi ~C~ .. I was just over at Burfica blog and saw your post. I just read over some of your post here quickly and find your father is in need of prayer.
~C~..if you could give me a first name (only) or a nick-name I feel it would help in what I'd like to do...I was a trucker most of my working years. Been retired now going on 11 yrs. (long story.. I'm not that old) We truckers hate to hear of things like this. If you don't feel good about giving your fathers first name or a nick name out..I understand. If you'd rather email it to me use this opieoutlaw @hotmail.com . I will pray for your dad. I will pray for you also you need to keep your strength up. Keep the "Faith"...."by "GOD's Grace"...GOD Bless your father and you and the rest of your family.

Op~

Anonymous said...

If you feel desperate or hopeless, don't give up. Prayer always works. I know of a specific novena for those who are most needy. This novena was given to me by a loved one and, out of gratitude and renewed faith, I'd like to share it with more people. I posted the prayer below. One must pray this nine times for nine consecutive days and publication must be promised. Believe in the miracles that can be achieved through prayers. Have faith!

The Unfailing Prayer To Saint Jude

Glorious apostle, Saint Jude Thaddeus, I salute you through the Sacred Heart of Jesus. Through his Heart I praise and thank God for all the graces he has bestowed on you. I implore you through his love, to look upon me with compassion. Do not despise my poor prayer. Do not let my trust be confounded! God has granted you the privilege of aiding mankind in the most desperate of cases. Oh, come to my aid that I may praise the mercies of God! All my life I will be your grateful client until I can thank you in heaven Amen.

(Mention your request)

Saint Jude, pray for us, and for all who invoke your aid.

Burfica said...

I'll givwe the update to all the prayer chains, but we will all keep praying regardless.

I am so very happy he is doing better hun
you all are in our thoughts

Dorko said...

I'll add your family, especially your Dad on my personal prayer list immediately.

Keep us all up with the updates will you? I like to journal those too... amazing the marvels I've seen or been able to report since I just started doing this, prayer post reporting log. Love, strength and healing to you & yours!