Thursday, April 07, 2005

Name That Tune

Well, not really name it, but I have been informed of the origins of a little song we've all sung since children at camps and Sunday Schools around the world......... "Kum Bah Yah"

Billy: Miss C, I know where the song "Kum Bah Yah" came from!


~C~: Oh, really? Where is that Billy?

Billy: From Jesus' disciples of course! (sighs in exasperation)

~C~: How do you know that?

Billy: 'Cause some really bad, mean people stuck Jesus on a cross and put nails in his feets and then in his hands too and then when he was crying for us 'cause we didn't listen to God, his disciples sang "Kum Bah Yah" to him.

~C~: Is that so? Where did you find that out?

Billy: My Grandma told me so, 'cept for the song part, I just figured that out. It was that or it was at the last supper..... That was the last time Jesus ate with his disciples before some really mean guys stuck him on that cross and put nails in his feets and hands. That's when they sang it, yeah, at that last supper thing.

Some days, I really love my job.

1 comment:

Burfica said...

Right out of the mouths of babes!!! they are so fricken cute. hehehehe