Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Prayers are being answered...

Between running to the hospital and having computer problems, it's been a few days since I've posted an update on Dad, however, I have good news to report.

Yesterday, Monday, they extibated (spelling??) him and removed the feeding tube as well so he's off the ventilator! He had a rough night last night (meds were making him queasy) but that's under control and he even sat up on the edge of the bed for a couple of minutes after dinner tonight. Since his throat is sore, he's still in the soup-and-liquids food category but it's better than that feeding tube.

Now the fun starts - tomorrow: Physical therapy! He is gonna be sooooooo sore and soooo crabby tomorrow night when I get up there. Oh, yeah - that's another thing, he can barely speak because of his sore throat but he did manage to chew me a new orifice in my backside about taking too much time off work. He's getting ornery - that's a good sign for sure!

Thank you to all who have prayed and are continuing to pray for Dad and our family - he is proof that prayer works. A man of his age, in his physical condition (heart trouble) that gets injured that badly usually gets intibated (on a ventilator) and that is the beginning of the end for them. No so for Dad and I believe it's all due to the power of prayer friends.

God Bless you all.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

~C~....this is great news..hope his recovery gets even faster...he has to be a strong minded man..as well as his daughter..he's luck to have a daughter as you..but..the old saying is "the fruit doesn't fall far from the tree"...GOD Bless your father and GOD Bless you...ya'll are in my prayers.

OH...you did good on the test (my blog) you must be a nurse!

Op~

Burfica said...

I'm so glad to hear he's doing better. When the extibated mom in January, her throat was sore for almost 3 to 4 weeks. It got a little better, but it was bad.

Ornery is a good sign. Means they are getting back to their own stubborn self's. LOL

Alekx said...

Yup sometimes I think the extabation is worse than the actual site of seeing them on a vent.
but I'm glad he's yelling at you, means he's alive and kicking and this is all a good sign.

~SugarBear~ said...

Opie - I'm not a nurse, I teach preschool. However, Mom is an RN and Dad has a degree in Biology & Etemology (spelling?) anyway, biology & insects. Never call 'em bugs in front of Dad!! I'd better know my stuff or I'd be in the poo-poo with the folks! hehehe

Annabel said...

I'm glad to hear that your dad is doing better. I've been praying about it and am glad the prayers have been heard and are being answered.