Monday, May 30, 2005

Bad Hair Day(s)

Happy Memorial Day Everyone!!!!

This post has nothing at all to do with Memorial Day.

Ladies, you will more than likely identify with this one because at one time or another, most of us have screwed up our hair with dye.

Ok, here's the deal.... I have medium blonde hair. In the summer, if I'm outside a lot, it lightens up to almost a blonde-white. Fine, no problem. Except when winter rolls around & my hair starts to grow out and then I have dark roots and everyone then thinks I bleach my hair. So, I thought this time I'd darken the ends of my hair (it's long) so when I put it up I didn't have really light hair on one end and darker hair on the other. Before I'd always dye the roots to match the ends, this time I thought I'd color it my natural color (darken the ends to match the roots).

What a mess!!! I got the medium blonde hair dye and went to work. When I got out & dried my hair, I almost died!!! MY HAIR WAS BLACK. I cried, I yelled, , I cried some more & then went to church that evening with my new "Goth" look. I could've died.

Today rolls around and I can't stand it anymore so I go back to the store, get a lightener to get the black out of my hair. I left it on an extra 10 minutes and what do I get? Dark reddish brown hair. I still look creepy but at least it's a color that goes with my skin tone and I don't have that "Goth" thing going on anymore.

No comments: