Monday, May 23, 2005

Dad is finally home.

Mom, at Dad's urging, left on a medical missions trip with a group from our church May 14th. Mom is a registered nurse. Our church took a group of 30 people (mostly doctors, nurses, dentists & optometrists) to Honduras. Mom's return date was May 21st. Dad wasn't supposed to be released from the physical rehab unit until May 25th at the earliest. Mom figured she'd go since Dad was really pushing for it and he was clearly out of the woods health-wise. She'd be home before he was released.

My sister came up from St. Louis to help me with running up to help care for Dad the week Mom was gone. The doctors sent Dad home last Thursday! Mom called from Honduras to let my sister & I know that hurricane Adrian had missed them (thankfully) only to have Dad answer the phone! They both got a big surprise.

So, Mom's mission trip was a great success, Dad is home and my little sister is back in St. Louis. However, by the time anyone reads this, baby sis will be on her way to see her hubby in Costa Rica. Hopefully by the end of July all the immigration papers will be cleared and he'll be able to come back to the States with her. That's been over a year process in itself & that whole mess could be enough to fill up 5 blogs for a year!

Work really stunk today but with everything else going so right, it's really easy to just blow it off and not care. The rest of the week at work isn't looking much better but, again, I couldn't really care less. I'm so excited that God has worked a miracle by healing Dad so quickly (even though he's still got a long road ahead of him) that the little stuff at work that usually makes me so nuts because it is sooooooooo infantile - it's just not getting to me today. Let's hope that lasts.

Anyway, happy Monday everyone.

3 comments:

Alekx said...

I'm so glad dad is doing so very well...What a gift.
I treasure each day I have with my mom and my dad, as well as my sister and hubby.
You just can't ask for more than a bit more time with someone you love when you think it wasn't going to be there anymore.

Burfica said...

I would be so irritating at a place like that (your work) if infintile stuff was going on. I would do silly crap that only made sense to me. Like every time I walked through a door I would turn in a cirle, and keep going. Or make weird little noises around certain co workers, and just go along like nothing happened. But I'm a goof ball.

Anyhow glad that dad is doing so much better. We were all praying.

Dorko said...

Heart leaps ~ dances ~ for Dad to recover to the point of coming home! Thanks for letting us all know!