Monday, June 27, 2005

Construction Zones Everywhere!

Everywhere you turn it's a construction zone!

I spent my day driving through every construction zone in Northern Illinois while went around to the colleges I'd attended to get copies of my transcript faxed over to the university.

In one area, a worker was standing in the middle of the road, another worker was sitting atop a piece of machinery waving me on like I'm some kind of idiot. I point to the worker in the road, worker #2 ignores me and waves me on again like I'm too stupid to understand. SO.... I point to the worker #1 again. Worker #2 looks over at worker #1 and yells something at him, I can only imagine what was said. Worker #1 looks at me dumbfounded as to why I would be driving on the road in the first place and slowly shuffles out of the way.

As I drive on through, they both look at me like I'm some kind of idiot.

2 comments:

Burfica said...

God I hate construction zones. The workers are dumber than my toe. LOL

Alekx said...

Yesterday Burf and I cracked up. It took several workers to set the little computer switch on a traffic light. One in the middle of the highway, One actually fiddling with the computer, one holding the door of the switch box open, 2 holding down the tailgate of a pick up. One on a cell phone.
Oh and it took them 4 vehicles to all get there too.