Friday, June 24, 2005

Heat Index of 110 Degrees

I'd hate to think what it's like down in the South right now since we're so blazin' hot in Northern Illinois right now.

The heat is so oppressive it's almost unbearable. When you go outside, there is a thick haze that hangs in the air that you can see for miles. People are driving with their lights on all day long just to make it easier to see one another through the thickness of the haze that hangs in the air.

I don't think I posted this but I gave my two weeks notice, today is my last day at work. I will be taking the rest of the summer off and going back to college this Fall.

It was a bittersweet day, the garbage that's been getting me down at work is now ending however, I will miss the children terribly. My co-teacher is a very sweet and I will miss working with her.

However, I need to get back to college in order to get a better job and to make a better life for my children and myself. I'm excited at the prospect of what lies ahead for me and the aliens. I wouldn't have had the strength to make the decision to quit my job and return to college without God. He is my strength and my guidence and my support.

1 comment:

Burfica said...

Good for you. Sometimes we need to take drastic steps to make things better, that's why I'm here in Texas for the summer. Missing my hubby terribly, and taking the kiddo away from his dad and friends for the entire summer.