Sunday, June 26, 2005

Lazy summer days.....

The aliens and I got some relief from this oppressive heat by taking a swim at the quarter pool today - named by the kids because of the cost to get in - $0.25.

It may have rained in Freeport where we go to church, however an hour away in our little town, not a drop fell. Everything is dry and dusty. The dust and grit from the road construction seems to multiply in this intense dryness we have.

Since we were feeling so dry and hot, we decided to take a dip in our little twenty-five cent oasis. The aliens lied about applying sunblock so they are a little on the reddish-pink side this evening. Their little lie about applying sunblock has cost them any more trips to the pool until the redness goes away. Not a punnishment, just don't think they need anymore sun until the sunburn is cleared up.

Maybe next time they'll listen to Mom - on occassion, I do know what I'm talking about. Scary thought isn't it?? Mom actually KNOWS something! Will wonders never cease????

1 comment:

Burfica said...

I remember sunblock on the kiddo, but always seem to forget it on me. Then I'm all hot and toasty. ouch.