Sunday, October 10, 2004

Bubbles is a murderer

It was a crappy way to wake up this morning - son #1 screaming that Cuddles (hamster #1 & also the escape artist) had been killed by Bubbles (hamster #2). I came into the kitchen to find poor little Cuddles dead and more blood in her fur than I imagined could be in that little body. I wanted to cry, it was awful! The kids were horrified that one animal could do that to another one. They still put human emotions into their pets minds and hearts. Therefore, Bubbles is a heartless, cruel, murderer in their eyes.

Bubbles is the hamster that no one can even touch because she's so easily scared. Cuddles, now deceased, was the favorite hamster that they always played with, the one they got "hamster kisses" from. For those not savvy about hamsters, kisses would be when their little noses wiggle and make their whiskers tickle your cheek.

We all crawled into my bed and there the boys cried their little hearts out for almost an hour. Finally they got up and went to play with Legos but they're pretty angry at the remaining hamspter and want to do it bodily harm for killing their favorite little fuzzy friend.

Now what to do? They want to get rid of Bubbles, I don't blame them. Then there's the impending funeral for the recently departed Cuddles. Why me? Why me?

No comments: