Sunday, October 10, 2004

The Funeral

Because of finances, I couldn't attend my Great-Uncle Randall's funeral yesterday. It was in Southern Illinois and I just couldn't afford the gas to drive all the way down there in my old gas-eater car, not at $2.09/gallon.

However, there was a funeral I did attend, an unplanned one. We buried Cuddles under a special tree in my parents yard this afternoon. Grandma helped dig the hole and the boys placed Cuddles in her little cardboard box into the hole. We covered her over, said a prayer and marked the grave with a stick. Next Spring the boys will be planting a special flower garden around the tree for her.

Bubbles, on the other hand, is being given away. The children are so angry with her that they don't even want her in the house anymore. A friend of my niece is going to come pick her up on Wednesday (hopefully) and then we will be hamster-less again. I don't know if the boys are ready to replace their beloved Cuddles yet or not. We'll see.

No comments: