Sunday, October 03, 2004

It's over, finally!

I am sooooooo thankful this weekend is done! It was dangerous to even venture out of your own yard this weekend. My car almost got hit 3 different times by people dodging around slower cars. While crossing the road, my kids and I almost got hit by a woman pulling away from a stop sign while digging (and looking) in her glove box. The streets have been parked full of cars on both sides for 6 blocks in every direction from the town square making it nearly impossible for two cars to pass one another on the narrow little streets of our town. However, it's finally done, it's over for another year.

I am disappointed that the kids and I couldn't do more. As it was, I took money I couldn't really afford to spend and went to the festival with them. I was broke and shouldn't have done it but we really needed some family fun. We haven't been able to afford to do anything as a family in months.

Of course the kids had to have something to bring home. What do they pick??? A marshmallow shooter. Yes, they actually make these things. It consists of pieces of PVC pipe and a few elbow joints connected together to make a blow-gun with miniature marshmallows for ammo. You get the shooter and a zip-loc baggie with about 2 dozen marshmallows for $5.00 - I can't believe I let them talk me into spending my hard earned cash on PVC pipe and marshmallows. However, the fun they've had with the silly things has been well worth the cost, and ammo is cheap and readily available at any supermarket. They will definitely get $5 worth of fun out of them. They're happy so I'm happy.

I'd better not get awakened to a marshmallow pelting.........

No comments: