Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Freedom....... to find your own bedding?

I knew it would happen sooner or later, my students were messing around the hamster cage at work, in my rush to get home to the aliens, I didn't check the door on Clover's cage. I came into work to find the neat stack of light green construction paper strung all over the science table, some of it half-covering the front of Clover's hamster cage.

As I started to walk across the room, I realized the cage door was open! I asked my aide where Clover was and she gave me a puzzled look. When I told her what was wrong, the entire class ran over to the cage. NO CLOVER. However, there was a huge pile of construction paper she had helped herself to to make new bedding before she left on her little adventure into the classroom.

As I picked out the big pieces of paper, I saw her. She was in her cage the whole time. It seems the came out long enough to destroy the better part of 6 large pieces of construction paper, dragging about one whole sheet into her cage, made a nest and went to sleep. It had to have taken her all night to do it from the looks of things.

Odd little creatures.

No comments: