Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Hit # 3

Well, the insurance company totaled out my car (cosmetic work only), I bought it back and added another $400 to the tab and paid to have my baby fixed. I got my car back last Thursday at 5:50 pm. I was thrilled! The engine that starts in any weather and runs like a dream. I was on cloud 9. The fact that it looked nice again was just icing on the cake. What I really wanted was the fantastic engine that was in it.

Coming home from work tonight, I hit another deer. I've had my car back one week and I hit another of those damn hairy beasts. I didn't kill this one & what's worse, it was a young one.

A plain-clothes (I later learned) state officer happened by as I was hanging up with the 911 operator and stopped to see if I was ok. I told him I was fine but the police needed to shoot the deer because it was still very much alive and trying to escape with it's back end crushed. He identified himself as an officer, showed me his badge and then waited while I turned away before he fired a shot into the deer to end it's suffering. But one shot didn't do it and he had to shoot it again.

He had to stay around until the local officer came because he'd discharged his firearm and had to report it to another officer. He also made sure I had a ride home before he took off & left.

I wanted to walk up and kick that damn thing in the ass I was so mad!

My insurance man is so pissed.

Dad wants to take me hunting - says he's gonna let me drive around the fields to flush them out so he can shoot them (it's been a bad season).

I just want the hair out of my grill and my headlight back again. Damn it all.

5 comments:

Burfica said...

OMG I just don't believe how much of a deer attracktant your car is. wow. I agree with your daD. At least you would have food in your freezer. hehehehehe
Maybe you should strap one of those little buggers to your hood to warn the others what happens to their dumb butts if they get near your car.

Alekx said...

I'm wondering if we should all chip in and get one of those thingies for the front of your car that is supose to scare the deer off.
You should have told the trooper to turn around while you gutted the deer and took the meat home. :-)
Hugs to you sweetie

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
kitten said...

OMG talk about shit luck!!!!!

I am always terrified of hitting a deer and have it come over the hood and thru the widshield. Maybe you could get one of those deer warning things you put on the car...I dont know if they really work...but might be worth looking into. How do they work??? Hmmm...Ill have to check that out

Drive safe!

MomThatsNuts said...

HI~~ just cruised in off of Alexk and Burf blogs, WOW, I cant believe your luck! I saw a deer once, in Flagstaff, however, I have run over a few snakes, but no one has to shoot them after, they are pretty much squooshed. Wow I hope your luck improves!!!

Mom~~