Saturday, November 05, 2005

How do you spell "deer"?

As I was getting ready for school this past week, the aliens were eating breakfast. I found the following conversation really funny. To find this even remotely funny, you need to know my history of 'deer hunting' with my car. Follow this link, this link, and/or this link to read up on it.

Alien #2 hollers from the kitchen: Mommy - I know how to spell 'deer'!

Me: Okay, tell me how to spell 'deer'.

Alien#2: D - E - A - D!

(I come into the kitchen, Alien#1 is smiling, says nothing. Alien #2 is smiling proudly.)

Me: Honey, that spells 'dead' not 'deer'.

Alien #2: (dejectedly) Oh.

Alien #1: Well Mom, when a deer meets up with you it does end up D - E - A - D!

Alien #2: See! I was right!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You are a "Deer Lady"...I've never in my life heard of one person having sooo much trouble with deer...I bet it's bending your last nerve..!!..

GOD Bless you sweet deer heart.

OP~

Burfica said...

they are so cute aren't they?? I mean the aliens, not the deer. hehehehe