Tuesday, November 16, 2004

What's for lunch?

My favorite little girl in my class has asthma and needs breathing treatments twice daily at school I got everything set up for her and was ready to leave her in the hands of my teaching assistant so she could take her nebulizer treatment & then lie down for nap. I had a long morning and was ready for my lunch break.

I tell her good-bye & I'll see her after nap. As I turn to walk away, C.B. reaches up and takes my hand. I look down at her and she's starting to cry. So, my special little sweetie sits on my lap, takes her meds and holds my hand the whole time while her head is resting on my shoulder.

I get her laid down for nap, put away her nebulizer equipment & look up at the clock. Just enough time to grab a sanck bar from the kitchen and clock back in. It was the best lunch break I've had in a long time.

So, what did you do for lunch?

No comments: