Tuesday, September 21, 2004

Forensic Investigators & Child Services

Well, this just gets uglier by the minute. I had to pull my children out of school today to take them back to the town (an hour away) where we used to live to talk with the forensic investigators about the abuse. An investigator from Child Protective Services was supposed to be there to see it but didn't show up. Figures.

Thankfully the center where the kids go for this is made especially for them and they were very friendly to the boys. The kids were quite comfortable. I was fine until the detective that is handling the case came out to speak with me. He took me back in a room, shut the door and basically told me the kids had been abused, no doubt about it. However, if their abuser doesn't admit to it (like that's gonna happen!!!) when the police speak to him, no arrest will be made. The detective agrees that they were abused but told me ".... it wasn't bad enough yet." WHAT??? What do you mean it wasn't bad enough? Are you telling me that in the great state of Illinois that you can allow a certain amount abuse because it's not bad enough? I'm in shock. The detective said if we can find another victim, it would help........ but they're not going to bother the families of the other seven children I listed as possible victims. It might make the accused - get this one - "look bad". Are you kidding me? What planet are we living on?

So basically, if the accused will admit to the abuse he inflicted upon my children or will reveal the names of other victims.......... we're good to go. I can't believe this.

No comments: