Friday, September 17, 2004

Police Report

The police report has been filed against the person who harmed my children. It was awful having to recount to the police the things my children told me. There was no place to sit down so for over an hour, while I made the report, I had to stand there......... I felt like I could collapse at any moment from the stress of it all. I'm not one to easily faint but I was close to an emotional and physical collapse the entire time. Did the officer care? I doubt it. Was I offered a moment to collect myself? Of course not. Was I given any sympathy for what I was going through? You've got to be kidding! No support services were offered, nothing other than "ok, well let you know when/if we need to talk with you or the children further." That's it. No words of encouragement or support.


Why would I think I would get anything less than a cold stare from law enforcement officials when I didn't get any support of any kind from my family. They think I should just leave it alone, get counseling for the children and myself and leave the individual responsible for this horrible mess alone. I should just "leave it be and get on with life". I was actually told by a family member that I need to "get over it". My child tells me that they've been abused and I'm supposed to just ignore it? I don't think so.

No comments: