Monday, September 27, 2004

When will I know something???

It's been about a week since I've talked with the police and child services. No one has contacted me again. I've left messages.......... no response. I've called over 20 different places trying to get counseling for my children & myself for this whole mess. How many have returned my call? Three. I can't believe it, three. What's the problem?

I now know that the reason messed-up people stay messed up is because the system is against them. You always hear the comments "there's help out there if you really want it............blah, blah, blah........" and my reply is bologna! I have been trying for a week and a half to find someone, anyone who will counsel my family........ all to no avail. And as for the discounted services for those of us who qualify........ they don't exist. You are told they do exist but the counselors aren't trained very well and the turnover rate is more like a revolving door.......... Then there's the waiting list......... my kids need help yesterday!!!

At least there is our church support group, the people there are at least a comfort to us. Thank God for them.

No comments: