Sunday, September 26, 2004

Mommy!!!! The hampster!!!!!!!!!

I no sooner publish the last post than Cuddlles (MIA since Tues night) is still missing and I hear the scream from my 7-year-old (prone to telling fairy tales) that the hairy little beast has run under the sofa.

So, son #1 grabs a glass from the kitchen while I heft the sofa away from the wall only to find enough candy wrappers and paper scraps to fill a 30 gallon garbage bag. No hampster to be seen, then again, it could be hiding under all the rubbish under there and in fact, may have started her own little community including a general store (there's enough crap back there to feed a small hampster army!).

After moving the sofa out a little more, there she is! I managed to scoop her up in the glass & deposit her back into the cage with her new roomie, Bubbles. They are instant enemies. Great. A few minutes of hissing and posturing on both their parts and they seem to be ready to accept that they now share a home, like it or not.

Now I have two hairy little poopers to clean up after.

No comments: